Wednesday, 7 October 2009

A brief history of Britain _ Hadrian's Wall

I had been visited a lot of U.K castle when I attended the internation student welcome week of the first week. I always heard two words " Roman Solider" and "Roman King" from our guide. And at that time, I though that what is Roman Dynasty, and who is Roman King, how about the Roman soliders, I really want to know.

Until now, Jeanette told us that Roman time is very important time for British history. The Roman emperor Claudius invaded British, and build up a significant wall "Hadrian's Wall", it like "Great wall of China". However, they are also the large wall, but they have an absolute difference.

"Hadrian's Wall" means Roman soliders will stop invading until the wall.
"Great Wall of China" means we only want to protect our fortune in this area, the wall is the border. (But my personal opinion is no wall can protect anything in the world,hehe......)

Maybe I will have a travelling to the "Hadrian's Wall" next time.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Rosa,

    Yes, I think you would enjoy a visit to Hadrian's wall and be able to reflect on it's significance at the time it was built.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What about the 4 nations of the UK?

    ReplyDelete